Monday 14 May 2012

On hitting the roof



Getting started....



Sunrise from the garden
Last fall The Man and I had the pleasure of moving.  Ordinarily, I absolutely detest moving.  However, this move was special.  Our building has several apartments with roof balconies.  These little gems are just off the master bedroom and the units rarely come available.  So I couldn't (and still can't) believe my luck when the apartment people called and had one open!  Needless to say The Man and I jumped at the opportunity, and I am now the proud renter of one fabulous roof-top balcony.  I can't say enough about this space - it's the largest I've had to work with, and has the added luxury of being recessed so I have three walls for windbreaks, making my roof not quite as windy and arid as most.

The last two weeks have been very busy on the roof - the previous renters left quite a bit of junk up there, so between clearing it away, salvaging what I could, and potting the early season items for  this years' garden, I've been quite busy!  The next week or two will be "catch up" week for the blog, before I take another hiatus to plant my warm season veggies. 


Happy growing!

No comments:

Post a Comment