Thursday 18 April 2013

Home sweet home?

Strange thought - as of yesterday The Man and I are the proud owners of a new home.  It's a nice, small bungalow (with 1950's -1970's decor) on a piece of totally unspoiled land.  No gardens, save a few shrubs in the front, and nothing save a small shed in the back.  I'm actually pretty nervous about having ground to dig up and grow in... I've been growing in containers since I started gardening on my own.  In fact, I haven't had an in ground garden since I was 8 or 9 - minus one summer when I dug up my Mom's back yard, but that experiment wasn't so good, so let's not talk about it ;)  However, I'll be able to leave worrying for this year - I'm not planning on doing too much gardening in my ground until the fall, when I'll put in raised beds and fill them with horse manure for planting in the spring.  I'm thinking I want more of a cottage garden feel to the exterior and interior of the house.  Something dense and bright, yet unstructured and relaxed, with a nice bench out-front.  I think I'll spend this summer just relaxing and dreaming up my plans.  We do after-all have a driveway to fix... among other things!

On the garden front - my potatoes and other seeds have arrived, so tonight I'll be starting my transplants for June 1st!

Wish us luck!
Kip

No comments:

Post a Comment